HMAR'S NEWEST MARINE STEWARDS - AARON'S DIVE SHOP
Aaron's Dive Shop is proud to announce that we are officially a Hawaii Marine Animal Response Marine Steward!
Aaron’s Dive Shop staff participated in the Hawaii Marine Animal Response (HMAR) class that is meant to certify businesses that work near the ocean and may come into contact with marine life.
Staff attended and participated in a presentation that covers a range of important topics including:
- Who HMAR is and what they do
- What animals they work with
- What are the key threats facing our marine animals and the environment
- What are the distance laws and guidelines for the state of Hawaii, federally in the US and internationally
- What our staff and business as a whole can do to help these animals
At the end of the presentation there is a short test/quiz that each attendee must take and pass.
A special mahalo to Emily for working with Aaron’s staff to help us better understand Hawaii’s marine life and how to be a great steward and advocate!
We look forward to continuing to work with HMAR! We are also excited to be sharing our knowledge with the community and Oahu visitors.