SEARCH & RECOVERY DIVER
From treasure hunting to public safety diving, to simply dropping something overboard or off the dock, divers with skills in search and recovery are highly sought after by divers and non-divers alike. Students will learn to execute detailed dive planning, multiple search patterns and techniques with and without compass navigation to find large and small objects.
Searching is only half the story. Once an object is found, how do you bring it safely to the surface? Students will learn about knots, lift bags, and various lifting techniques.
This course is conducted over two days and includes four dives.
- Must be certified as advanced open water divers or Open Water Diver and Underwater Navigation Diver
- Must be at least 12 years old.
- Dive 1 cannot exceed 100 feet.
- Materials needed (lines, reels, lift bags) for the course will be provided for use during the dives.
- Students should have a compass and underwater slate.
Courses are scheduled around your availability.
Courses may require an eLearning portion.