SHARK CONSERVATION DIVER
Sharks are an essential part of a healthy ocean. This course explores why they are vulnerable, the importance of a healthy shark population, managing threats and how to take action to protect them.
Love sharks? Scared of sharks? Or do you just want to know more about them? Enroll in an AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty course and discover the value of sharks to marine ecosystems and economies. You’ll learn more about the causes of declining shark populations and the actions you can take to become a knowledgeable and passionate shark defender. By being informed, you can dispel misconceptions and act to protect sharks. Sharks need you!
At the end of your classroom session and two open water dives, you will be able to explain:
- The conservation status of sharks, why they are unique and vulnerable, and the importance of healthy shark populations.
- How to manage threats to sharks, recognize the value of sharks and remove barriers to conservation.
- Actions you can take to protect sharks and how joining a global movement of divers can help to protect sharks.
- 1 classroom session
- 2 open water dives
- Must be certified as a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or higher
- Must be at least 12 years old
- Materials needed will be provided.
Courses are scheduled around your availability.
Courses may require an eLearning portion.